ICONS FROM SINAI
This ten minute documentary is a beautiful portrait of the rituals and life at St. Catherine’s Monastery. Located at the foot of Mt. Sinai, it is the world’s oldest, continuously operating Christian monastery and the largest repository of Christian icons in the world. The film illuminates the sights and sounds of St. Catherine’s, explores the integration of art and liturgy, and shows how these icons play a vital role in the Monastery today.
- Written and Produced by: Lyn Goldfarb
- Director of Photography: Michael Chin
- Editor: Douglas Cheek
- Assistant Editor: Marisa Murgatroyd
Produced by Alison Glazier and the J. Paul Getty Museum.
- Telly Award, Bronze, History and Biography
- Telly Award, Bronze, Religion and Spirituality